Updated Feb 27, 2024 by Peter Hagen.
Here's what I'm doing right now. See /ideas for what I want to do next.
- Building aboutideasnow.com with Louis who I met on Twitter a long time ago. I've always wanted to help people find each other because it's such a personal problem for me. Posting the project on Hacker News was encouraging, but I wonder if it actually led to any new connections so far.
- I got a new camera recently and am taking LOTS of photos. So many everyday things are beautiful if you take a moment to notice them. And people in public are so expressive you can really see the emotions. I wonder if I can use the photos for my work somehow.
- Helping sublime.app tackle the problem of you / me reading too much and not doing anything with the information. It’s exciting to try out some ideas that I've had for a long time with a product that actually has traction. And it pays the bills.
- Reading a lot of books, or at least starting to read them. Right now I'm very curious about the history of the middle east and small governance models for some reason.
- A while back I built eventsinamsterdam.com to help me and my friends find local culture events to go to. I'm tweaking some things about it every now and again because I use it so much myself.
- I recently started folding origami again which I used to do as a kid. It's very relaxing because I don't have to think that much. And after some time you make your own variations of the models.
- Spending time with my girlfriend. This is the most important thing in my life right now but probably less interesting to you dear reader.